What is Content Marketing?
“A strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
-Content Marketing Institute
A clear up-to-date marketing strategy plays a very crucial role in taking forward your business. Your marketing strategy must aim to make your business/brand pop up on the first page of SERPs and proving relevant and catchy content to your customer at every phase of your business.
As HubSpot states, 47 % of viewers get engaged with about 3-5 pieces of your total content before engaging directly with you. This proves that content is a significant element of your digital marketing strategy and it ought to be paid special attention because it attracts maximum traffic to your website.
Content marketing focuses on the ‘Pull Marketing’ principle by providing interesting, beneficial, and free content to consumers to engage them and spark interest.
Content is arguably the most important key of your digital marketing strategy, hence you must provide your viewers with relevant and well-designed content at every stage of the entire process. The entire process constitutes of three phases:
- Awareness Stage: In this stage, the buyer identifies that there is a problem and he needs help with finding the solution to the particular problem.
- Consideration Stage: In this phase, the buyer conducts research to find the solution to his problem
- Decision Stage: In this phase, the buyer chooses the correct solution for himself.
Below are the main reasons as to why Content is so essential when drafting & implementing your marketing strategy:
- For Education Of Consumers: Educating your consumer is extremely important. Proper education of what you are offering to your customers helps them decide whether you are the right option. Blog posts, a website’s ‘About’ page, and home page usually provide educational content. Educational content aims to provide maximum information about your service or business to the consumer.
- Earning Links: Relevant content brings increased traffic to your website. This results in a better ranking of your website in SERPs. The more links you have, the higher your ranking will be in SERPs.
Making Most of Social Media: Social Media is the easiest and cheapest way of connecting with a vast audience. There is no better marketing strategy than social media especially Facebook. Social media facilitates you by providing a platform to connect with your consumer, establish a relationship between your business and consumer, and the ability to attain instant feedback regarding your product/services. To make the most of social media, you need to provide your consumers with relevant and interesting content and information which will keep them engaged once they directly get in touch with you.